Links

  • It Only Come Crawfish: rabiscar

    It Only Come Crawfish

    Based on the response given to me by a waitress in a New Orleans diner upon asking for something-or-other the menu claimed to contain shrimp, this site is an expression of temporary circumstances, fits of consumption and other random bits.

    Friday, January 05, 2007

    rabiscar

    We are driving through Minas when I look up from methodically drawing hearts in the back seat and all I see are hills laid out, stretching and lazy, gigantic limbs gross, fat and beautiful.

    I am com fome com fome com fome recalling my first lessons in the audio room in the the basement of the NYPL
    with the large head phones on
    tu-do bom?
    A sen-hor-a quer co-mer al-gu-ma coi-sa?
    A men-in-a é mui-to lin-da.
    muito linda mesmo.

    I want those headphones back on right now because there is nothing worse than a discoteque in a foreign country. Bad music just loud enough to make conversation a struggle. Lips directly to ear canal type of loud where you don't actually hear the sound come out. The other person nods whether they've heard what was said or not. Because you can't actually hear the words come out of your mouth, and because the cachaça is thinning your blood, because you don't really like who you're talking to, because the lights—or is it the music—are distracting. I feel a pain in my knee like water or some other stagnation, I keep thinking, ligar com cartão é ruim. I live so deep inside my head that basic communication becomes a shock. Everything is news to me. Oblivion is a habit. How disappointing to find out that I put everything on the table and you didn't even pull up a chair. You, suddenly afflicted with spontaneous amnesia. O que você não disse virou o que você esqueceu. That night i almost gashed my flesh on the iron park fence. All for a dip in the fountain at three in the morning on my way home that stifling summer night. But how foolish of me.

    posted by lolapapaya at 8:00 AM

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    About Me

    Name: lolapapaya
    Location: Brooklyn, NY

    See Above.

    View my complete profile

    Previous Posts

    • to-do
    • truly tasteless jokes
    • rules to die by
    • botox is not the answer
    • half pint isn't even cute
    • I will be spending much less time fantasizing abou...
    • vanity mirror crack'd
    • It comes once a year. Single-spaced and, if your l...
    • With lunch hour light reflecting off the bathroom ...

    Powered by Blogger